Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good News and Bad News


Yesterday started out to be a great day. This card which was in my last post that I submitted for the Papertrey Guest Star Stamper contest got an honorable mention from Nicole Heady. When I saw my card on her blog yesterday morning I screamed so loud I scared Emilia. I cannot tell you how happy I was. I have been entering stamping contests for a while now but I have been getting a bit discouraged because I still have not won any. Getting my work recognized from someone like Nicole has given me the confidence to keep trying now and was a great way to start my day. Unfortunately my happiness didn't last long though because a few hours later we found out that our 13rd old border collie Dakota was very sick and we ended up having to rush her to the vet. I really thought it was the end for her but it turned out that what is wrong with her is treatable so hopefully she has a little more time left. We are still on a day by day basis with her though. I am also still worried about her but I am trying to cherish the time she has left.
That's it for now. I am going to go and try and get a scrapbook page started of Emilia's 10th birthday now.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, it deserves the recognition. I am sorry to her that Dakota is not doing well. I pray she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen said...

I didn't know this was your card Terri - congrats on the Honorable Mention!! great use of pp!!