Tuesday, November 20, 2018

October Recap

Happy Tuesday. Hope you are having a good November. I can't believe Thanksgiving is just a few days away. It had been pretty nice here weather wise until last weekend when we got freezing rain and cold.  Thankfully it didn't last long though and is suppose to be nice the rest of the week before more snow and cold arrive this weekend. We are going to enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts though.
Hello October. I made this piece to welcome it in.  I got the idea for it from it from Doodles By Sarah on Youtube. I just love her work.

October didn't start out very well because of the news we got about Lily on the 1st but we are still doing the same protocol to treat her that I talked about in the last post and it must be working because she is doing things she has not done in months. She even wants to walk when we go out now and not sit in the stroller as much so that is very encouraging. We are still taking things one day at time with her though because that is all we can really do but are so thankful for everyday we have with her like this. We have also been making these dog cookies for her that are very low in carbs and she loves them Indie does too. You can get the recipe here. I have the holistic home vet coming to for a recheck next week and am praying that it has not gotten any bigger or spread and we get some good news.

In the meantime I am part of a group on Facebook group called Your Creative Adventure. The women that runs it Shelley Hitz is such an inspiration and has a very strong Christian faith. Even though I am Jewish I have still been able to apply these verses in my life too.  She has started doing something called Illuminate Lettering a few times a month in her Facebook group. She picks a bible verse and then letters it and talks about it. I have found it to be so encouraging to me especially right now especially with everything I am going though with Lily. The first verse she lettered was The battle is not yours but gods and it really spoke to me as I really have no control over what is going to happening right now even though I wish I did. This was what I came up with. I look forward to her doing more of these in the future and come and join us there if you are an artist and need some encouragement too.
I also made this piece to to help remind me to take things one day at a time with Lily too. I was inspired by marijketekent on Pinterest who did something similar. I love her work. 

Things our Etsy shop were pretty good. We got a custom order from a buyer a that wanted to celebrate her foster daughter turning 1. We thought that was a wonderful thing to do and is planning on adopting her too. The theme was cupcakes and the colors were lavender pink and aqua. This is what she ordered. She loved how it came out and we did too.

I also got this great appreciation photo from a return buyer of her dog Theo wearing our party hat and bow tie set. This is her 3rd year buying from us and it is fun to see the different photos of him each year. We think he is adorable. Hope you do too.

I finished a few more lessons from the Ipadwatercolor wonders course. First off this cute little penguin.
I also did this galaxy landscape
I also finished the Letter G in my floral monogram series. It is getting harder to come up with what flowers and colors to use.
Finally I made these paleo pumpkin pie bars from The Real Food Dietitians. They are so good. I would highly recommend them.
That's it for now. I hope the rest of your month and Thanksgiving is a good one for you and your family.  By the way thanks to those of you that take the time to read by blog. I am very thankful for your support. I will be back next month with more to share then.

No comments: